Tuesday 18 September 2007

Hello from Chicago

So Im here in the good ol' US of A. I dont really wanna give a blow-by-blow account of what has happened so far, as you'll all get bored (who said, "So whats new!" ????)
The flight over on Sunday morning was OK. Got lucky with seat allocation so was on the aisle by the emergency exit so LOADS of leg room.
Had a really nice afternoon playing golf with my friend Scott, and had a lovely evening and dinner at his house that night (thanks to both Scott and his wife Kathy for making me feel welcome and the delicious steaks and wonderful home made brownie cake!)
Yesterday was the first day in the office, meeting the rest of the project team, getting work assignments etc. Last night we went to a restaurant called the Yard House and had a nice dinner.
It seems weird, its only Tuesday, but it feels like we've been here a lot longer. I think now we're actually into coding the week will start to go quicker.
Im playing nine holes this afternoon after work, so that should be good too.
Anyway listeners, have a good rest of Tuesday, I'll try and update more tomorrow.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"have a nice dAYYYYYYYYYY!"

Unknown said...

I missed you by 2 months. I was there in July.