Friday 24 September 2010

A typical day

See, this is what I was talking about yesterday. Nothing interesting happened to me today. It was a normal, typical day that I've been living through the past few weeks.
Get up. Deal with Jake and get him off to school. Take a walk down to Stockport. Come back. Have lunch. Read / write / watch DVD's. Wait for Jake to come home.
It's now 15.30 and Jake should be back here in about 20 minutes. He'll then do any homework then either play out with his mates or stay in and watch TV. We'll then have something to eat, watch some TV together, then hit the sack. B-O-R-I-N-G!
Don't get me wrong, if I was working at the moment this sort of day would be bliss. But when you have precisely naff all else to do it kinda grates on the nerves somewhat.
I can tell you I've been buying lots of cool music (Skunk Anansie, Black Mountain, Example, Avenged Sevenfold to name but a few) and also reading some good stuff (at the moment I'm in the middle of Stephen Fry's "Chronicles" and a couple of Karl Pilkington books which do make me laugh).
I obviously want another job as soon as possible, and I will be looking back at this downtime wistfully when I do finally get back to work. But it's been so long now since I've done anything productive I can feel my brain turning to cold porridge between my ears.

So I'm sorry, no amusing anecdotes for today's post. But stay tuned as things will get better.

No comments: