Friday 13 February 2009

She's into superstition, black cats and voodoo dolls

Well, I'm not actually, but as today is Friday 13th (woooOOOooo) I thought I'd see if any of you lot out there are superstitious.
Superstitions can take any number of forms, but for me I only have a couple that I do try and stick to.
* I don't walk under ladders. Although, this doesn't have anything to do with bad luck, it's more to do with not wanting anything falling from the top of the ladder onto my sexy little head (I've seen it happen, believe me).
* Whenever City play, I never put a bet on, either for them or against them. I just don't bet on them full stop.
And that's about it. I don't believe in any other stuff, like black cats, horse shoes etc. I believe that there IS a great deal of luck in the world, good and bad, but I don't believe we can affect it in any way. So now I'll throw the question open to the great unwashed masses (that's you lot out there). Do you have any superstitions? Anything you believe in / do for good luck? Come on, share it with the group...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

No, don't bother with any of that EXCEPT I do always get freaked out if a solitary magpie flys in front of me. That's my mother's infulence again. Fortunately I didn't pick up any of her other millions of superstitions.

Anonymous said...

flys??? sorry, flies.

Charlie Naseweis said...

I have a superstition that I have to check all the lights, windows & taps 27 times each before I leave my flat in the morning.

Simon said...

Charlie - thats not a superstition, thats OCD

Anonymous said...

What about your hair straighteners, Charlie ;)

Unknown said...

I have a few superstitions, handed down to me from a few generations...

1) I always tend to drive on the left when in the UK.

2) When I watch Watford play, I always make sure that I am wearing clothes

3) At meal-times, I always put the food in my mouth before I chew and swallow it.

Thats it really.