Thursday 6 September 2012

Experimental Fiction

I've decided on what I want to do with my efforts on writing fiction.

I've started a new blog - Experimental Fiction - which will be a place solely for me to write and post fiction.
I've already put up the first chapter of a short story I've got in my mind, so please take a few minutes to go read it and let me know your thoughts.  I will be honest (that's what blogs are all about, right?) and say that I don't know how long this 'experiment' will last.  I may lose interest in it by this time next week, or I may get so hooked into it that my health suffers, I lose my job and I become a recluse who only interacts with the world via his keyboard and blog.

The types of things I will put up there will be short stories, ideas for chapters from a possibly larger piece of work, maybe even some poetry.  (Yes, OK, I know that sounds a bit weird coming from me... poetry?  wtf?  but I like the idea of writing something short but meaningful and I'd like to give it a go).
If there is anyone out there who has ever fancied having a go at something like this, and would like me to post up their efforts, get in touch and I'll be happy to post your work.  I can't say it'll get a massive audience, but I do have some very good friends who give good feedback and who knows, maybe in a few months I'll have a global audience in the thousands??  (hahahahahahahahaha!)

So when I post new work on my fiction site, I'll do the usual of alerting Facebook & Twitter.  There is a 'Follow' link on the blog so if you want to you can get email updates when I post new stuff.
No more fiction will appear on this site, it will go back to being about me moaning and complaining about the world and the people in it.

Of course you may not give a toss about all this and you've just wasted 2 minutes of your life that you'll never get back by reading.  If so, apologies.

Peace.

No comments: